KASSANDA CHILDREN’S AID (KCA) was formed in 2012 to help orphans and their families with an aim of providing care & support to Vulnerable Children, and their caregivers/Women and youth in Kassanda Districts. There are many toddlers who are hard-up, going without basic needs of life and suffering from difficult ailments such as hydrocephalus, epilepsy, HIV/AIDS and sickle cells. Some of these children come from poor families which cannot ably acquire the least basic necessities of life. This is a pathetic situation that requires an agent intervention.
Low Response to Vulnerable Children: At present Kassanda District Local Government and Civil Society organizations operating in the District do not have any appropriate action taken to address Children’s needs. As a result, they grow up despairing without hope for a better future. Hence, to save the plight of the vulnerable children, Kassanda Children’s Aid (KCA) was started as a more accommodative program for all types of children.
1. To provide psychological guidance, medical care, housing, love, fellowship and hope to children who are traumatized, stigmatized or suffering from serious ailments like HIV/AIDS, Chronic malaria, Hydrocephalus, epilepsy, sickle cells among others.
2. To strengthen and build the capacity of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) coalitions and groups on GBV prevention and response.
3. To set up children’s home in the District with the purpose of providing care and support to homeless children, neglected abandoned, malnourished and those in need of special care,
4. To increase opportunities for vulnerable school-going age children to attend nursery/ primary, and vocational schools education to enable them to attain basic education and skills for future self-sustainability.
5. To liaise with Policymakers, law enforcers and the Community to protect children’s and Women’s rights.
6. To set up a strong governance and management system to ensure effective direction, a strong sustainable and technical resource base to achieve our Mission.
7. To Affiliate or confer with national and international children hospitals and organizations with the purpose of providing better health services to children with
(iii)Community participation/ involvement.
(v) Bringing impact.
(vii) Knowledge/making research
(viii)Integrity/ honesty and responsible leadership.