Duration: 20 Days
Program Operator: KASSANDA CHILDREN’S AID
OBJECTIVES OF THE TOUR:
- To take tour participants safely out of their comfort zone, and into the ‘’territory of the pearl of Africa’’ where beautiful geographical features live.
- To expose participants to the beauty of Africa – the people, the ecosystem, and the ability to be happy with a few of the material comforts in life.
- To take back in a community-based project that will have a direct impact on the lives of the rural hard to reach communities – They will reflect on it many years to come and always feel to be part of it.
- To have an opportunity to experience a village stay and life in hard to reach rural communities in Kassanda districts – a typical African rural setting.
- To be able to empathize with those – anywhere in the world, including your home country – who, through no direct fault of their own, are not able to enjoy the same comforts as people in the ‘developed world’.
- To expose them to Ugandan HIV/AIDS -rich history hands-on AND to tour the HIV Epic centre.
- To make lasting friendships and possibly come back on their own.
- To get the opportunity to know what makes Uganda the pearl of Africa.
This is a 20-day traveling and hard to reach rural outreach community program that covers:
- 1 day orientation of participants.
- 5 days hard to reach rural outreach community program.
- 2 national parks (Bwindi Impenetrable National park and Queen Elizabeth)
- 2 village visits in Kassanda Children’s Aid Uganda programs operation area.
- 3 historical sites visits
- Crossing the equator
- 1 day visit to the source of the Nile and a waterfall near to the own falls dam
- Seeing 3 great spectaculars: Mt. Rwenzori, Lake Victoria and the Western Rift Valley.
- 2 days visit to the HIV/AIDS Epic centre in Kasensero landing site on L.Victoria.
- 1 camping night at Bbira Hill in the rural community in Kassanda.
- 1 day water rafting activity on river Nile in Jinja.
- Cost: To be determined. Approximately $2,550 USD.
This program runs all year round; to book, simply send us your chosen dates in advance, and we will make the necessary arrangements and confirm your dates so that you can book flights.
The program runs year-round; please contact us for current details on the email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost of the full program is approximately $2,550 USD per person, with a minimum of 2 people.
If airport pickup is desired, there is an additional charge. More to the above, participants who are interested in Gorilla tracking at Bwinding imp. National park will be required to pay an additional fees for securing one day license and specific travel arrangement (optional). Visitors who do not choose to have airport pickup will meet the Discover the Pearl Africa –Uganda group at the Ivory Hotel in Nansana or Ivy’s Palace Hotel in Kampala.