Duration: 20 Days
Program Operator: KASSANDA CHILDREN’S AID
OBJECTIVES OF THE TOUR:
- To take tour participants safely out of their comfort zone and into the ‘’Territory of the Pearl of Africa,” where beautiful geographical features live;
- To expose participants to the beauty of Africa – the people, the ecosystem, and the ability to be happy with only a few of the material comforts of life;
- To “give back” in a community-based project, which will have a direct impact on the lives of the rural hard-to-reach communities.
Participants will reflect on their experience for many years to come and will always feel they are a part of Africa;
- To have an opportunity to experience a village stay and life in the hard-to-reach rural communities of Kassanda districts in a typical African rural setting;
- To be able to empathize with those anywhere in the world, including your home country, who, through no direct fault of their own, are not able to enjoy the same comforts as people in the ‘developed world’;
- To learn about Ugandan HIV/AIDS history, hands-on and to tour the HIV Epic center;
- To make lasting friendships and possibly come back on their own;
- To get the opportunity to know what makes Uganda The Pearl of Africa.
This 20-day travel experience to the hard-to-reach, rural outreach community program includes:
- 1 day orientation of participants;
- 5 days travel to the hard-to-reach rural outreach community;
- 2 national parks; Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and the Queen Elizabeth Park;
- 2 village visits in the Kassanda Children’s Aid Uganda program’s operational area;
- 3 historical site visits;
- Crossing the equator;
- 1 day visit to the Source of the Nile and a waterfall near the Own Falls Dam;
- Seeing three (3) great spectaculars:
Mt. Rwenzori, Lake Victoria and the Western Rift Valley;
- Two (2) days visit to the HIV/AIDS Epic Center in the Kasensero landing site on Lake Victoria;
- One (1) day water rafting activity on the River Nile in Jinja.
The program runs year-round. Please contact us for current details on the email contact: email@example.com
To book, simply send us your chosen dates in advance, and we will make the necessary arrangements and confirm your dates so that you can book your flights.
The cost of the full program is approximately $2,550 USD per person, with a minimum of 2 people.
If airport pickup is desired, there is an additional charge.
In addition to the above, participants who are interested in Gorilla tracking at Bwindi National Park will be required to pay additional fees for securing a one-day license and for specific travel arrangement (optional). Visitors who do not choose to have airport pickup will meet the Discover the Pearl of Africa –Uganda group at the Ivory Hotel in Nansana or Ivy’s Palace Hotel in Kampala.
Uganda is in east Africa and neighbors Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Sudan and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Kampala is the capital city of Uganda and it is on the shores of Lake Victoria.
To download the rest of the travel guide: Travel Guide KCA